This weekend

When and where we get together on the water
jdonnelly

This weekend

Post by jdonnelly »

Hello all.

Have anyone any plans to kayak this weekend? I have not kayaked much in quite a while.
087 792 6682

John

Johanna XCite

Re: This weekend

Post by Johanna XCite »

Hello John,

I would be happy to paddle with you, if that's possible. Where are you located? I'm in Roundstone / Connemara.

And because some people have already told me that the WISKA paddlers are a bit afraid of newbies, maybe for calming: I've been paddling for a few years, have a BCU 4 Star and am not very slow ( - I also know the prejudices against female paddlers :D).

Johanna

jdonnelly

Post by jdonnelly »

Hi

I am based in Cashel country Tipperary... Have kayak and gear, will travel.
087 792 6682

John

Johanna XCite

Post by Johanna XCite »

Hello

nice to hear from you. I am also mobile, so we could meet somewhere between Tipperary and Roundstone to paddle. Do you know the area? I unfortunately very little.

However, the forecast for tomorrow predicts strong winds: Rusheen Bay/ Galway: 5bft, gusts: 7-8 bft from SW!!! Swell 7-8ft from W.
On Sunday worse...

I don't know if Logh Corrib would be an option for tomorrow under these conditions? Do you have any experience?

I'll text you later.

Johanna

Johanna XCite

Post by Johanna XCite »

Hello John!

I just checked the forecast for Lough Corrib tomorrow again and also asked Jim Morrisey, who knows the lake very well. I think we should better look for smoother conditions for our first paddle together. Tomorrow will be a rough day out there. Hope we can make up for a kayak tour at a later date.

Have a nice weekend

Johanna

jdonnelly

Post by jdonnelly »

Well Sunday is the only suitable day I have free. I am rowing in Cork city tomorrow if you want to come along. No gear needed.

Johanna XCite

Post by Johanna XCite »

Sunday?! Better stay at home! I'll definitively - check the forecast... :o

FionaTrahe

Post by FionaTrahe »

Hi Johanna, John,

join us tomorrow if you can in Quilty - good opportunity to meet a lot of the wiska gang.

Fiona

Johanna XCite

Post by Johanna XCite »

Hello Fiona,
Thank you so much for the invitation! I can't unfortunately join you, as I'm already in Sweden for Christmas.
I wish you a great paddle and merry Christmas!
Johanna

jdonnelly

Post by jdonnelly »

Sorry I could not make it today but I will try and get out you guys when I can. Are you doing any night paddles ?